Last Date of Application: 22nd January 2018 (SOFTWARE)
31st January 2018 (HARDWARE)
Our Hon’ble Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, envisages a Digital India to bridge the digital divide in our country and further promote digital literacy in order to make development a comprehensive mass movement and put governance within everyone’s reach in India. In order to work towards our PM’s vision, MHRD, All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), Inter Institutional Inclusive Innovation Center (i4C), and Persistent Systems organized Smart India Hackathon 2017, a unique initiative to identify new and disruptive digital technology innovations for solving the challenges faced by our country. The initiative was a huge success. To reiterate the efforts towards our PM’s vision, MHRD, AICTE, i4C, and Persistent Systems is proud to propose the 2nd edition of this initiative – Smart India Hackathon 2018.
Till date, 45+ union ministries and departments and 18 state governments have already joined this grand initiative, making it much bigger than the previous edition. Through this initiative, govt. departments will directly engage with thousands of technical students and challenge them to build digital solutions to improve their efficiency, plug revenue leakages and corruption.
Smart India Hackathon 2018 is a non-stop digital product development competition, where problems are posed to technology students for innovative solutions. It:
- Harnesses creativity & expertise of students
- Sparks institute-level hackathons
- Builds funnel for ‘Startup India’ campaign
- Crowdsources solutions for improving governance and quality of life
- Provides opportunity to citizens to provide innovative solutions to India’s daunting problems
Smart India Hackathon 2018 will have 2 sub-editions – Software as well as Hardware:
- Software Edition will be 36 hour software product development competition, similar in concept to Smart India Hackathon 2017
- The new Hardware Edition will be a hackathon where teams will be work for 5 straight days and build their hardware solutions. This competition would be limited to only 5 nodal centers with 20-25 teams each